Monday, June 9, 2008

Dogfish Head is Finally Here

Since trying some Dogfish Head a couple years ago back east I've always kept my eye out for it out here on the west coast. And finally last week while at my local brewshop I finally found some. I picked up a 4-pack of their 90-minute Imperial IPA. A 90 minute means that hops are added throughout the 90 minute boil. It's a 9% beer, so it's big and they recommend drinking from a snifter. The beer has a somewhat fruity malt character that complements the hops very nicely and adds complexity so you don't just get smacked with the high alcohol content.

The website says the beer pairs well with pork chops, beef, fish, escargot. Since I wasn't about to go pick snails from the backyard, I figured a homemade pizza would be good instead. This is a great beer, and if 9% is too much for you, they also have a 60 -minute IPA and other varieties as well. Pick some up if you can - you won't be disappointed!!

No comments: