Thursday, March 13, 2008

Brettanomyces

Today thanks to a tip from Rob over at Democracy's Drink I added a vial of Brettanomyces to my secondary fermentation for that blonde ale that I recently screwed up by adding way too much extract. I used a vial of White Labs' Brettanomyces Bruxellensis WLP650. My hope is that this wild belgian yeast will continue to ferment where the California Ale yeast left off. Oh and I also added some cascade leaf hops to dry hop in secondary as well.

Hopefully between the Brettanomyces ,the dry hopping, and some long aging I should come out with something close to a Golden Strong Ale? Or at least something drinkable. Time will tell.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how that Golden Strong Ale came out.

John Karlis said...

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately the Golden did not come out very good. I have had a couple bottles of it over the past few months and have tried to convince myself that it is drinkable. But it's not. Way too much alcohol profile. Almost burns your taste buds off at first sip.